World

Pak sends new Iranian peace proposal to US

1 Mins read


Pak sends new Iranian peace proposal to US
Pak sends new Iranian peace proposal to US (Image credit: ANI)

Iran Media Says US Offered Interim Waiver On Oil CurbsIran sent a new peace proposal to the US with terms that appeared similar to offers Washington has previously rejected, although a senior Iranian official told Reuters on Monday that the US had softened positions on some issues.A Pakistani source confirmed that Islamabad, which has conveyed messages between the sides in the war in West Asia since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, had shared the latest proposal with Washington. But the source suggested progress had been difficult. The sides “keep changing their goalposts,” the Pakistani source said, adding: “We don’t have much time.”Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the American side through Pakistan” but gave no details. Washington did not immediately comment.The Iranian proposal, as described by the senior Iranian source, appeared similar in many respects to Iran’s previous offer, which US President Trump rejected last week as “garbage”. It would focus first on securing an end to the war, reopening the Strait of Hormuzand lifting maritime sanctions. Contentious issues around Iran’s nuclear programme and uranium enrichment would be deferred to later rounds of talks, the source said.However, in an apparent softening of Washington’s stance, the senior Iranian source said the US had agreed to release a quarter of Iran’s frozen funds — totalling tens of billions of dollars — held in foreign banks. The Iranian source also said Washington had shown more flexibility in agreeing to let Iran continue some peaceful nuclear activity. Iran’s Tasnim news agency separately quoted an unidentified source as saying the US had agreed to waive oil sanctions on Iran while negotiations were under way. Iranian officials did not immediately comment on Tasnim’s report, which a US official, who declined to be named, said was false.REUTERS



Source link

Related posts
World

Iran plans €50 million bounty on 'gambler' Donald Trump, 'child-killer' Netanyahu for 'whoever sends them to hell'

2 Mins read
Iranian lawmakers are discussing legislation that would offer large financial rewards for the assassination of US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime…
World

DOJ announces $1.8bn fund to compensate Trump allies

1 Mins read
US President Trump (Image credit: AP) WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump’s administration created a nearly $1.8 billion fund to settle claims that…
World

Vax crisis inherited, had no measles shots in stock when we took office: BNP govt

1 Mins read
With child deaths from measles on the rise, the Tarique Rahman-led BNP dispensation said it walked into a full-blown vaccine crisis, claiming…
Power your team with InHype

Add some text to explain benefits of subscripton on your services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *