World

Who is Mohammed Omar, $90-million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?

2 Mins read


Who is Mohammed Omar, $90-million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?
One of the 15 men, charged in the $90 million healthcare fraud in Minnesota, fled on foot when FBI agents went to arrest him.

A man jumped from a fourth-floor balcony when FBI agents went to his house on Thursday to arrest him in connection with a $90 million fraud case in Minnesota. Immediately, the agency addressed a press conference, released the dramatic footage of an accused fleeing on foot holding a shoe in his hand and sought public tip to nab him.Assistant Attorney General for the National Fraud Enforcement Division Colin McDonald said, “I would encourage the public to help turn this man in to face justice for the fraud that he has perpetrated. And now, to face the additional charges for seeking to flee from law enforcement and seeking to obstruct justice by virtue of his conduct today.”

Who is Mohammed Omar?

Mohammed Omar has been charged with a count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, and four counts of health care fraud.Prosecutors say he worked with another man, Ibrahim Bashir Abdi, to create North Home Health Care and Omar opened another company, South Home Health Care. The companies were registered with Minnesota’s Housing Stabilization program.Authorities say the men would falsify and inflate the number of service hours provided by North Home. Officials say some of the patients they were reportedly caring for were actually hospitalized and others were dead. Omar and Abdi pocketed $3.2 million based on those false claims. Omar received an additional $480,000 through claims from South Home.Charges say the men also sent some of the money overseas to buy property in Kenya. Disabled individuals were used like lottery tickets by these 15 men to generate millions of dollars and with that money, they bought luxury vehicles and splurged on expensive jewelry.“This was the cost of the early intervention development program in 2020. It was $38.1 million. This is what we expected to be paying every year,” explained Secretary Kennedy. “Instead, this year it hit $442 million. … [That’s] the magnitude of the fraud and the damage that we’re talking about today.”“It got so out of hand, that there was panic setting in,” said Dr Oz. “It was at that point that we re-engaged the process and realized there were programs that had been created here with massive spending that had increased so rapidly that there’s no way to save the program.”



Source link

Related posts
World

Chudthebuilder: Judge orders ChudTheBuilder to wear GPS monitor and restrict social media use if released on bond

1 Mins read
Controversial streamer Dalton Eatherly is facing strict new bond conditions after a judge set rules for his possible release from custody. The…
World

Who is Maurice Shelmon aka Ant Jefe? No Jumper YouTuber and podcaster faces felony murder charge after LAPD arrest

2 Mins read
Maurice Shelmon, also known as Ant Jefe, was reportedly arrested by the LAPD on a felony murder charge, according to TMZ. The…
World

'At least 3 fewer Indians': Woman's post on Meta layoff affecting H-1B visa holder with wife and kid in Seattle draws flak

1 Mins read
A viral social media post on the struggles of an H-1B laid off from Meta drew flak and people celebrated that an…
Power your team with InHype

Add some text to explain benefits of subscripton on your services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *